“For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send His son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him.” John 3:16-17.
1. We believe the Bible is God’s word to all people, written by human authors under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is inspired by God, trustworthy, contains no errors and is the true source of Christian belief and living. 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20, 21; 2 Timothy 1:13; Psalm 119:105
2. We believe there is one God who is infinitely perfect. He exists eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Is. 44:6; 45:5-6; Matt. 5:48; Deut. 3:24; Matt 28:19
3. Humans are made in the image and likeness of God, supreme in God’s creation but marred by his/her attitude of disobedience towards God, which the Bible calls sin. Sin separates man from God his creator. Genesis 1:27; Psalm 8:3-6; Isaiah 53:6a; Romans 3:23; Isaiah 59:1, 2
4. We believe Jesus Christ is truly God and truly man, born of the Virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, shed His blood, died and resurrected bodily. He
ascended and is now at the right hand of God as our High Priest. He will come again to establish His kingdom of peace and righteousness. Phil. 2:6-11; Heb. 2:14-18; Col. 2:9; Matt. 1:18; Luke 1:35; 1 Cor. 15:3-5; 1 John 2:2; Acts 13:39; Heb. 4:14-15; 9:24-28; Matt. 25:31-34; Acts 1:11.
5. We believe the salvation of all men from sin is through Jesus Christ, and those who repent of their sins and believe in Him receive the gift of eternal life through the new birth and become sons of God. Romans 6:23; Ephesians 2:8, 9; John 14:6, 1:12; Titus 3:5; Galatians 3:26; Romans 5:1
6. We believe the Holy Spirit is a divine person (equal with the father and the son), who indwells the believer and has the power to transform and equip the believer for holy living and service to God. He also convicts the world of sin, of righteousness, and the coming judgement. 2 Corinthians 3:17; John 16:7-13, 14:16, 17; Acts 1:8; 1 Corinthians 2:12, 3:16; Ephesians 1:13.
7. We believe the Church is made up of followers of Jesus Christ, redeemed through His blood and born of His Spirit. That Christ is the head of the Church and has commissioned believers into all the world as
witnesses, to preach the gospel to all the ethnos of the world. James 5:13–16, Ephesians 1:22–23, Matthew 28:19–20.
8. We believe that the second coming of Jesus Christ will be bodily and visible. This is the believer’s hope, vital truth and incentive for holy living and sacrificial service to complete the Great Commission. 1 Thes. 4:13-17; 1 Cor. 1:7; Titus 2:11-14; Matt. 24:14; 28:18-20